Texas Focus: Honky Tonk Heaven
SOLD OUT | Film Screening and Discussion
January 5, 2017 7:00pm - 9:00pm
As part of the Texas Focus series, we will present Honky Tonk Heaven: Legend of the Broken Spoke, a documentary that explores the history and talent of this well-known Austin dance hall. Along with country musical legacy, this films explores independently owning and operating a business in an ever changing and expanding environment. Interviews include Dale Watson, James Hand, and Willie Nelson.
The screening will have the directors Brenda Green Mitchell and Sam Wainwright Douglas in attendance, as well as producer Michelle Randolph Faires and Spoke owner, James White. Prior to the screening, guests will have the opportunity to brush up on their Spoke Two step with teacher Terri White, and then enjoy a Musical performance by James White and Cornell Hurd.
Join the Bullock Museum for a screening and conversation about Honky Tonk Heaven as part of the Bullock's Texas Focus film series. Included with your ticket is a welcoming reception with a cash bar, two step lesson, film screening, and a Q&A.
- Included with your ticket is a 6:00 p.m. welcoming reception with a cash bar.
- Two Step lesson with teacher Terri White from 6:15 p.m. - 6:45 p.m.
- Film screening from 7:10 p.m.- 8:35 p.m.
- Q&A following the screening.
- In attendance: Brenda Green Mitchell, Sam Wainwright Douglas, Michelle Randolph Faires, and James White
- Entrance for this screening will be at the IMAX lobby doors.
The Texas Spirit Theater on the Museum's second floor hosts original film series, artist talks, lectures, live music performances, and daily showings of multi-sensory films.
Museum Members enjoy free unlimited IMAX® documentary films, discounts on feature film tickets, free exhibition admission, discounts in the Museum Store, and more. Learn More.