Become a Member
Become a member of the Bullock Museum and be a part of the Story of Texas.
It's good for everyone.
Becoming a Bullock Museum Member creates a wide circle of benefits. Membership support enables the Museum to produce outstanding exhibitions and programs that share the many stories of Texas. Members also help to provide free admission to over 80,000 school children each year. Thanks to Members, the Museum brings the Story of Texas into classrooms across the state through Distance Learning programs, provides professional development opportunities for educators, and develops curriculum resources and activities that support learning.
Become a member or renew your membership
All memberships include the following benefits:
- Unlimited exhibition admission
- Subscription to The Star, the official Bullock Museum Member magazine, and the eStar, the weekly enewsletter
- Free or discounted admission to Museum lectures, tours, and programs
- Invitations to members-only events and tours
- 10% discount in the Museum store and the Story of Texas Café
- $1 discount on theater tickets, including feature films in the IMAX® Theatre
- Free or discounted admission to more than 200 history museums around the country through the Time Travelers Program
- Additional benefits at the membership level of your choice
|Additional Benefits by Level||Lone Star||Two Step||Homestead||Hacienda|
|Number of adult members||1||2||2||2|
|Children/grandchildren included (under 18)||-||-||Yes||Yes|
|IMAX® Theatre documentary passes||1||2||4||5|
|Texas Spirit Theater admissions per visit||1||2||4||5|
|Free additional guest admission per visit||-||-||-||1|
|Free or reduced admission to North American Reciprocal Museums||-||-||-||Yes|
Support the Museum at a Higher Level
Society and Circle Members receive all of the benefits above, plus:
|Additional Benefits by Level||Austin Society||Bronze Star Society||Texas Spirit Society||Story of Texas Circle|
|IMAX® Theatre documentary passes||8||10||10||10|
|Texas Spirit Theater admissions per visit||6||8||8||8|
|Parking passes||6||8||8||1 unlimited access card|
|Invitations to special events and programs||-||-||Yes||Yes|
|Free additional guest exhibition admission for per visit||2||2||2||4|
Additional giving levels at $2,500, $5,000, and $10,000 are also available. To learn more about the 1836 Circle for Individual and Corporate Memberships giving opportunities, call (512) 463-6915.
State Employee Charitable Campaign (SECC)
Employees of state agencies, junior and community colleges, and universities throughout Texas enjoy the benefit of giving to charities through the convenience of payroll deduction. Click here for more information on SECC, forms, and ways to donate.
Supporting the Bullock Museum through SECC
Two options are available to support the Bullock Museum through the State Employee Charitable Campaign.
Make a one-time gift or monthly payroll deduction in any amount by filling out the SECC pledge authorization form. Be sure to enter charity code 060000 in the appropriate field. Please note that this option is for donation only, and does not include any Museum membership benefits.
Purchase a Museum membership through SECC:
- Complete all sections of the SECC Pledge Authorization Form. Be sure to enter charity code 060001 in the appropriate field.
- Submit a copy of your completed SECC Pledge Authorization Form to the Museum membership team:
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- mail: Bullock Membership Office, Bullock Texas State History Museum, P.O. Box 12874, Austin, Texas 78711
- fax: (512) 936-4699
*The minimum level of Museum membership through the SECC is at the Austin Society level. Memberships through the SECC will not be distributed until January 2016.
If you prefer to pay in monthly installments rather than make a one-time payment, see the table for the monthly deduction required for the various levels of Museum membership:
|Level||Annual Price||Monthly Deduction|
|Bronze Star Society||$275||$22.92|
|Texas Spirit Society||$500||$41.67|
|Story of Texas Circle||$1,000||$83.33|