Experience the Bullock Museum—the biggest classroom in Texas.
The Story of Texas unfolds with original artifacts and hands-on activities designed for students of all grade levels.
Prepare for your visit to the Bullock Museum, or use these on-demand tools:
- Campfire Stories: Interact with Texans gathered around a campfire to share their stories. Students will discover how people shape Texas's past and future.
- Texas History Timeline: Let your students travel through the past in a sweeping journey through Texas history.
- Interactive Artifact Gallery: Examine curriculum-related Texas artifacts with an interactive gallery featuring hundreds of Museum objects.
- Digital La Belle Exhibition: The shipwreck La Belle is brought to vivid life for your classroom. Watch videos and reinforce learning with hands-on activities.
- Virtual Texas Capitol: A clickable Capitol feature allows students to explore the building as well as their roles in Texas government.
- The Texas Story Project: An authentic research and writing opportunity that encourages students to investigate and share their own Texas stories.
Prepare for Your Students' Visit
Exhibitions and Films
Exhibitions and films extend classroom learning and reinforce the curriculum.
- Texas History Galleries - Original artifacts and hands-on interactives are presented chronologically:
- Please note that the portion of the first-floor Texas History Gallery covering American Indians, European exploration and colonization, Texas colonization, and westward expansion content is now closed as an exciting 12-15 month renovation takes place during 2015 and early 2016.The first-floor Herzstein Hall gallery, where the 300-year old ship, La Belle, is currently being reassembled, remains open.
- The second floor focuses on the fight for Texas independence and Texas as both a nation and a state.
- The third floor explores industry, oil, aviation, and the space program.
- Special Exhibitions - These exhibitions offer a focused examination of history, culture, and science. You can use lesson plans and activities in conjunction with a Museum visit to extend classroom learning. After the exhibitions have closed, use the content materials as supplementary activities to classroom curriculum. Special Exhibitions rotate frequently, so be sure to check the dates when planning your visit.
- Films - Both the Texas Spirit Theater, a 4D experience, and the IMAX® Theatre offer a memorable and fun way to understand history, science, and culture.