Admission and Tickets
Exhibitions, Films, Events, and Programs
Museum Hours & Ticket Prices
Tuesday – Sunday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Bullock Museum exhibitions are closed on Thanksgiving, Christmas Day, New Year's Day, and Easter. The IMAX® Theatre is closed on select holidays, please check the Museum calendar for details.
or Senior (age 65+)
|Texas Spirit Theater
Shipwrecked (26 minutes)
or Star of Destiny (16 minutes)
Museum Admission includes access to all galleries. Children age 3 and under are admitted free.
Group discounts are available for groups of 20 or more. Plan your group visit today.
The Museum is unable to accept vouchers issued prior to January 1, 2017, with or without an expiration date. Unsure about your voucher? Please email BullockTickets@TheStoryofTexas.com to confirm yours is valid.
Free Admission Days
Exhibition admission is free on the first Sunday of every month for H-E-B Free First Sunday.
H-E-B Free First Sundays Presented by
Exhibition admission is free every year on the second Sunday in July in honor of Lieutenant Governor Bob Bullock’s birthday.
The Bullock Texas State History Museum is a proud partner of Blue Star Museums. From May 21 through Sunday, September 4, 2022, the Bullock Museum will offer free admission to the nation’s active duty military personnel, including National Guard and Reserve and their families. Learn more.
The Bullock Museum participates in the Bank of America Museums on Us program. Bank of America cardholders receive one free exhibition entry admission on program weekends. Available for onsite purchases only. You will be required to present your active Bank of America, Merrill, or Bank of America Private Bank (U.S. Trust) credit or debit card and photo ID upon entry to the Museum. Admissions for additional guests must be purchased separately. For additional details, visit The Museums on Us program site.
Families who participate in Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) and Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) can gain free exhibition admission by presenting an EBT card onsite at the Bullock Museum's Ticketing counter. Free admission is available for EBT cardholders and any accompanying family or guests. Admission provides access to all exhibition galleries. For more information, visit the Museums for All site.
Film Ticket Refund, Reschedule, and Fee Policies
These policies pertain to both e-tickets and tickets purchased at the Museum.
- The Bullock Museum has a "no refunds" policy for all Exhibits, IMAX Theatre, and Spirit Theater tickets. This policy also applies to any purchase made for event/program participation. If you are unable to visit, your purchase is considered a donation to the institution.
- Please note: Film tickets and paid event/program participation are only valid for the purchased event date and time. Exhibits tickets are only valid for the purchased date.
- Tickets may be rescheduled according to availability up to one day in advance of the date of the event.
- Online purchases incur a $1 convenience fee per ticket, and a $2 transaction fee per transaction for credit card processing and handling.
- In the rare situations when a particular show time is cancelled, the Bullock Museum will reschedule your ticket(s) for another show time or refund your purchase including any ticket fees.
Email email@example.com for support.