Destined for history?
Get lost in the fascinating stories of Texas as you learn about the state's rich history, and immerse yourself in unique media and film experiences.
Distinctive shopping will enhance your visit to this iconic building in the heart of Austin's cultural district, just north of the Texas State Capitol. The Museum is a favorite excursion destination not to be missed by those who want to get in a Lone Star state of mind.
With advance reservations, groups of 20 or more can receive discounted admission to exhibitions and films. Special pricing available for commercial tour operators. Make reservations at least 2 weeks in advance to receive group benefits.
Important Notes for Group Visits this Year
We monitor community conditions and continue to implement recommended safety guidelines to help limit the spread of COVID-19. For more details about new Museum hours, timed-entry tickets, and safety procedures, please visit Plan Your Visit.
- Due to enhanced safety protocols for COVID-19, guided exhibit tours are currently unavailable.
- As part of our safety procedures, we will be limiting group size maximum to 150 people.
- Groups will have a three-hour window to visit the Museum. The arrival and departure times are: 10:00 a.m.–1:00 p.m., 11:00 a.m.–2:00 p.m., 12:00 p.m.–3:00 p.m., 1:00 p.m.–4:00 p.m., 2:00 p.m.–5:00 p.m.
- The Texas Spirit Theater will screen Shipwrecked and The Star of Destiny with limited multi-sensory effects. Be sure to check the film schedule when planning your visit.
- The Story of Texas Café is currently closed.
- Please note there is no bus parking near the Museum; the bus will need to leave the downtown Capitol Complex area after drop off.
To plan your group visit, call us at (512) 936-4649 or email email@example.com.
To make a reservation, please have the following information handy:
- group name and contact information
- preferred and alternate dates and arrival times for visit
- estimated number of attendees
- any special needs
Please note: school or youth groups should book their Field Trip reservations by visiting our Field Trip information page.
Great for groups from Texas and around the world! Dan Dipert Tours