Experience the Bullock Museum—the biggest classroom in Texas.
The Story of Texas unfolds with original artifacts and hands-on activities designed for students of all grade levels.
Prepare for Your Students' Visit
Exhibitions and films extend classroom learning and reinforce the curriculum.
- Texas History Galleries - With an expansive exhibition space showcasing more than 700 original artifacts, discover an ever-changing experience in the Texas History Galleries. New artifacts are continually added, bringing new stories to the Museum each week.
- Special Exhibitions - These exhibitions offer a focused examination of history, culture, and science. You can use lesson plans and activities in conjunction with a Museum visit to extend classroom learning. After the exhibitions have closed, use the content materials as supplementary activities to classroom curriculum. Special Exhibitions rotate frequently, so be sure to check the dates when planning your visit.
- Films - Both the Texas Spirit Theater, a multi-sensory experience, and the IMAX® Theatre offer a memorable and fun way to understand history, science, and culture.
Use these online curriculum resources anytime in your classroom.
- Campfire Stories: Interact with Texans gathered around a campfire to share their stories. Students will discover how people shape Texas's past and future.
- Texas History Timeline: Let your students travel through the past in a sweeping journey through Texas history.
- Interactive Artifact Gallery: Examine curriculum-related Texas artifacts with an interactive gallery featuring hundreds of Museum objects.
- Digital La Belle Exhibition: The shipwreck La Belle is brought to vivid life for your classroom. Watch videos and reinforce learning with hands-on activities.
- Virtual Texas Capitol: A clickable Capitol feature allows students to explore the building as well as their roles in Texas government.
- The Texas Story Project: An authentic research and writing opportunity that encourages students to investigate and share their own Texas stories.
Plan Your Visit
Want to get a better sense of what your students can do on a field trip? Teachers may also visit the Museum on a free Educator Preview Visit. Exhibition admission will be waived when you show your school ID badge at the ticketing counter and tell the Visitor Services staff member that you're here to plan a field trip. Click here for the special exhibition schedule for this school year.
Questions? Email email@example.com.
Support for the Bullock Museum's exhibitions and education programs provided by the Texas State History Museum Foundation.