October 30, 2020 5:00pm - 8:00pm
Virtually join the Bullock Museum in partnership with Girlstart for the annual FREE family-friendly Halloween celebration. Engage in virtual fun with hands-on STEAM activities for the whole family.
The Bullock Museum and Girlstart have everything you need to bring our annual FREE family-friendly Spooktacular to you virtually! From boo bubbles to the physics of candy to spooky sounds, gather the simple materials needed for this virtual Halloween celebration. Put on your favorite costume and join in on the hands-on fun with the following activities, stay tuned for material lists and videos:
- Create a Halloween party popper filled with treats and ghostly goodies to keep for yourself or give to a ghoul.
- Explore the chemistry behind boo bubbles and make your own bouncing, unbreakable bubbles at home.
- From how bats fly to how they eat, learn all about these nocturnal animals as you design your own balancing bat creation.
- Gather some candy and channel your inner physicist as you learn about mass, density, and buoyancy. This time, you can eat your science experiment.
- Frighten your friends and family with a spooky screaming sound! Put your acoustical engineering skills to the test as you use a cup, string, and water to create a Halloween noisemaker.
Your Support Matters
Help us continue to share the story of Texas through free programs with a tax-deductible donation.
Enjoy discounts, exclusive programs, and free access to exhibitions year round by becoming a member of the Bullock Museum.
Spooktacular is presented in partnership with Girlstart, a nonprofit organization dedicated to increasing girls' interest and engagement in science, technology, engineering, and math through innovative, nationally recognized informal STEM education programs.
The Bullock Texas State History Museum is a division of the Texas State Preservation Board. Additional support for educational programming provided by the Texas State History Museum Foundation.