Little Texans: Picture This!
May 14, 2020 10:00am - 11:00am
Peek through the camera lens and discover surprising new details.
Join us online with your young Texans (ages 2-8) as we learn all about cameras, photos and photography! In our interactive program we'll sing a song, look at some pictures, learn how to take interesting photographs and make our very own cameras that we can take on an outdoor scavenger hunt!
Program is FREE to the public and will be available post-livestream on the Bullock Museum YouTube channel.
- "Let's Take a Picture" song lyrics
- Scavenger hunt worksheet
- This Light of Ours exhibit information
- I am Texas: Jay B Sauceda, Bullock Museum Texas Story Project
- Paper, foam or cardboard
- Hole punch (optional)
- Glue or tape
- Items for decorating (crayons, markers, stickers, glitter, stamps)
- Ribbon or String
Optional Extra Activity Ideas:
- Make a photo album of the pictures from the scavenger hunt
- Make a picture frame out of popsicle sticks, cardboard or paper for your favorite photos
The Bullock Texas State History Museum is a division the State Preservation Board. Additional support of exhibitions and programs is provided by the Texas State History Museum Foundation.