Cool Summer Nights: Music
August 10, 2018 6:00pm - 9:00pm
Forget about standing outside in the heat of the summer! Come inside to the Bullock Museum for three FREE evenings celebrating culture, community and Texas history.
You're invited to be a part of this brand new event series. With one program each month in June, July and August you're guaranteed some great nights out this summer!
The final Cool Summer Nights will take inspiration from Austin's thriving music culture and the Museum's exhibition celebrating the history of Austin City Limits. Guests can pick up a ukulele and experiment, experience contemporary opera or try their hand at song writing.
Cool Summer Nights lets you discover Museum content in a social and comfortable atmosphere. Whether coming in work clothes straight from the office, enjoying the atmosphere before heading to dinner, or capping off a day spent exploring the city, Cool Summer Nights will give you the freedom to engage and explore the Museum at your own pace and on your own terms.
Each Cool Summer Nights event includes:
- Activated exhibits with living history participants
- Themed lounge provided by Premiere Events
- Cash bar with specialty themed cocktail
- Small bites for purchase by Delicious in our Story of Texas Café (vegetarian options available)
- Complimentary sparkling water from Waterloo Sparkling Water
- Complimentary coffee and cold brew samples by Addison Coffee Roasters
- Souvenirs for purchase in the Museum gift shop
- Photo booth by MYEVENTSTHEBOMB
- Records spun by DJ from Breakaway Records
- Complimentary parking in the Museum's garage
And don't miss these great activities especially for Music Night:
- View two evening performances of opera in a contemporary style by One Ounce Opera
- Enjoy hands-on activities with ukuleles and impromptu performances presented by Groundwork Music
- Create black bean sound shakers and paint an Austin skyline with CRAFT
- Take part in a guided live-music memory exploration with Badgerdog
- Experience d/Rastra, an audio/visual performance incorporating a hacked CRT television, glitchy soundscapes and dynamic lighting design by Kyle Evans
Please note: The State of Texas is building a new fully pedestrianized green space between the Bullock Texas State History Museum and the Texas Capitol. The Museum's garage will remain open during construction, and free after 5 pm! Please be aware that traffic patterns will continue to change, and surface parking lots and most parking meters will be unavailable.
The Bullock Museum is owned and operated by the State of Texas through the State Preservation Board. Additional support of exhibitions and programs is provided by the Texas State History Museum Foundation.