Just for Families
Programs for Young Texans
Just For Families
Engaging, interactive experiences for families with children ages 2 and older.
Regularly-scheduled special programs help kids and their adult companions make memories and tell their own stories. Check the calendar of events for programming information.
- Little Texans: Bring your young Texans (ages 2-5) for an interactive experience on the 2nd Thursday of each month. This monthly hands-on program incorporates movement, play, and tactile learning into engaging experiences where younger children can discover something new alongside their caregivers.
- Storytime: Pop in with your young Texans (ages 2-5) for Storytime on the 4th Thursday of each month. Dive into stories, sing your favorite songs, and expand your imaginations through hands-on experiences.
- Spring Break: Spend your Spring Break at the Museum and enjoy a variety of hands-on activities perfect for kids and their adult companions.
- Summer at the Bullock: Enjoy a summer of discovery, exploration, and magic at the Bullock Museum. Don't miss programs just for families, our Summer Family Film Series, outstanding special exhibitions, and great IMAX® documentaries!
- Homeschool Days: Twice a year, the Museum offers homeschool educators and their students school group rates for films in the Texas Spirit Theater and IMAX® Theatre, as well as curriculum resources and thematic activities.
- Science Thursdays: Explore the Bullock Museum, see demonstrations, and participate in hands-on activities with STEM experts from Central Texas Discover Engineering at drop-in activity stations on select Thursday each month.
- Living History Days: Meet costumed Museum volunteers interpreting a character from Texas history every first Thursday of the month. Travel through the Museum exhibitions, stop for a chat, and hear stories of what Texas was like in days past.