Plan Your Visit
How to have a great Bullock Museum experience.
Welcome to the Bullock Museum! Discover three floors of dynamic exhibitions, two innovative and immersive theaters, unique gifts in the Museum Store, and a fresh menu in The Star Cafe.
Monday – Sunday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Bullock Museum exhibitions are closed on Thanksgiving, Christmas Day, New Year's Day, and Easter. The IMAX® Theatre is closed on select holidays, please check the Museum calendar for details.
Entrance to the Bullock Museum is located on the new Texas Capitol Mall, a pedestrian green space between Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard and the Texas State Capitol. Access to the Bullock Museum’s onsite parking garage is located on 18th Street, on the south side of the Museum.
Preparing for Your Visit
We want to ensure that you have the best possible experience when you visit the Bullock Museum. For additional information about tickets, membership, safety, and more, please visit our Frequently Asked Questions.
Learn more about nearby accommodations from our local hospitality partners.
Please note that the Bullock Museum does not offer coat or bag storage. Backpacks smaller than 12x12x12 inches are allowed in the exhibition galleries. Suitcases and large backpacks/bags are not permitted.
The following items are not permitted inside the Bullock Museum or its theaters. In addition to items specifically listed here, other items that may be deemed to present a potential hindrance or threat may also be prohibited.
- Animals (exception for certified service animals)
- Bags, backpacks, and purses larger than 12x12x12 inches
- Bicycles, scooters, skateboards, skates, Segways, or other unauthorized means of transportation
- Chairs and folding tables
- Distribution of unauthorized promotional or commercial material
- Fireworks, explosives, or other incendiary devices
- Food and beverages are not allowed in the exhibition galleries.
- Outside food and beverages are not permitted in the IMAX® Theatre. Food can be purchased at Concessions in the IMAX® lobby. Food is not permitted in the Texas Spirit Theater.
- Glass containers
- Illegal substances or weapons
- Items that may be deemed a safety hazard or annoyance to guests (aerosol cans, sports equipment, balloons, projectiles, laser pointers, musical instruments, any kind of noise-making or -transmitting equipment, etc.)
- Video cameras, audio recording devices, and tripods; no video recording will be allowed in the theaters - including with iPads and tablets.
The use of tobacco products, including electronic cigarettes, is not permitted in the building.
Visitors age fifteen and younger must be accompanied in the Museum and theaters by someone age sixteen or older.
Personal photography with hand-held equipment is permitted in all exhibition galleries and public spaces with the exception of the IMAX® and Texas Spirit theaters, unless otherwise noted in signage.
Photography requests for media, public relations, or commercial use must be submitted and scheduled through the Museum’s marketing department. Please visit the Newsroom for more information.