October 26, 2018 5:00pm - 8:00pm
Ghosts, goblins, and ghouls welcome at the annual FREE family-friendly Halloween celebration. Join the Bullock Museum in partnership with Girlstart for spooky hands-on STEM fun for the whole family. Plus, explore the Museum's exhibits after hours at this FREE event.
- Be the first 100 kids in the door at Spooktacular and get a FREE spooky tote bag that's great for trick-or-treating!
- Explore scientific fun with Girlstart. Create a stylish LED bracelet to light up the night as you trick-or-treat, chunk pumpkins across the plaza, dissect owl pellets, make ooey gooey slime, program Sphero robots, build spooky structures, and have fun with the always popular Boo Bubbles!
- Dance and sing along to live music from the popular Que Pastas.
- Get creative with Smudge Studios.
- Strike a costumed pose in the Say Cheese photo booth.
- Explore the museum exhibits, including Comanche Motion: The Art of Eric Tippeconnic and Rodeo! The Exhibition.
Spooktacular is presented in partnership with Girlstart, a nonprofit organization dedicated to increasing girls' interest and engagement in science, technology, engineering, and math through innovative, nationally-recognized informal STEM education programs.
Support for the Bullock Museum's exhibitions and education programs provided by the Texas State History Museum Foundation.