H-E-B Free First Sunday
April 2, 2023 10:00am - 5:00pm
Explore the great Texas outdoors at the Bullock Museum!
Get inspired to explore nature as we celebrate 100 years of the Texas State Parks System with the special exhibition Art of Texas State Parks. Enjoy free exhibition admission, create nature-based art inspired by the natural landscapes of Texas and participate in activities for the whole family. Activities are from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- Go ‘batty’ with Park Rangers from the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department! Attend a bat-themed storytime and make a bat hat craft with real park rangers at 11:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m.
- Make a battery-powered “circuit bug” with GirlStart
- Plant seeds in a flowerpot you decorate yourself with Girl Scouts of Central Texas
- Learn all about and explore real birds’ nests with Travis Audubon Society
- Become a birder and learn how to find our feathered friends in the sky with Avian experts, The Friends of Balcones Canyonlands National Wildlife Refuge
Enjoy FREE exhibition admission all day during H-E-B Free First Sundays, held the first Sunday of every month.
Family programs provide educational and engaging activities for young Texans and their caregivers. Events are designed to bring families together, spark conversations and provide opportunities for growth and development.
Your Support Matters
Help us continue to share the story of Texas through free programs with a tax-deductible donation.
Enjoy discounts, exclusive programs, and free access to exhibitions year-round by becoming a member of the Bullock Museum.
Art of Texas State Parks is supported by The Meadows Center for Water and the Environment, Texas State University. Additional support provided by Texas Parks and Wildlife Foundation and H-E-B.
The Bullock Museum, a division of the Texas State Preservation Board, is funded by Museum members, donors, and patrons, the Texas State History Museum Foundation, and the State of Texas.
H-E-B Free First Sundays Presented by