Museum Admission and Film Ticket Prices
Experience Texas history through exhibitions and films
Explore the ever-changing artifacts and exhibitions throughout the Bullock Museum, and enjoy an IMAX® film on the biggest screen in Texas.
Museum admission allows entry into all gallery spaces and special exhibitions, and we suggest allowing 45 minutes for each of the Museum's three floors. Museum admission is not required to attend a film. Film tickets must be purchased separately, and times are subject to change.
The Bullock Museum's exhibitions are open Wednesday through Sunday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. The IMAX® Theatre is open for documentaries during exhibition hours and for IMAX® feature film showtimes Wednesday through Sunday.
For the safety of our visitors and staff, we have implemented new protocols to help limit the spread of COVID-19. Please view our FAQ for more information.
The Museum's cafe will reopen Summer 2022.
or Senior (age 65+)
Children age 3 and under are admitted free.
Group discounts are available for groups of 20 or more. To plan your group tour, call (512) 936-4649 or email email@example.com.
The Museum is unable to accept vouchers issued prior to January 1, 2017, with or without an expiration date. Unsure about your voucher? Please email BullockTickets@TheStoryofTexas.com to confirm yours is valid.
Join as a Museum member and enjoy free Bullock Museum admission, invitations to exclusive events, and discounts on parking, films, the café, and Museum store for a year.
Exhibition admission is free on the first Sunday of every month for H-E-B Free First Sunday and every year on the second Sunday in July in honor of Lieutenant Governor Bob Bullock’s birthday.
The Bullock Texas State History Museum is a proud partner of Blue Star Museums. Beginning on Saturday, May 21 through Sunday, September 5, 2022, the Bullock Museum will offer free admission to the nation’s active duty military personnel, including National Guard and Reserve and their families. Learn more.
The Bullock Museum participates in the Bank of America Museums on Us program. Bank of America cardholders receive one free exhibition entry admission on program weekends. Available for onsite purchases only. You will be required to present your active Bank of America, Merrill, or Bank of America Private Bank (U.S. Trust) credit or debit card and photo ID upon entry to the Museum. Admissions for additional guests must be purchased separately. For additional details, visit The Museums on Us program site.
H-E-B Free First Sundays Presented by
Film Ticket Refund, Reschedule, and Fee Policies
These policies pertain to both e-tickets and tickets purchased at the Museum.
- The Bullock Museum has a "no refunds" policy for all Exhibits, IMAX Theatre, and Spirit Theater tickets. This policy also applies to any purchase made for event/program participation. If you are unable to visit, your purchase is considered a donation to the institution.
- Please note: Film tickets and paid event/program participation are only valid for the purchased event date and time. Exhibits tickets are only valid for the purchased date.
- Tickets may be rescheduled according to availability up to one day in advance of the date of the event.
- Online purchases incur a $1 convenience fee per ticket, and a $2 transaction fee per transaction for credit card processing and handling.
- In the rare situations when a particular show time is cancelled, the Bullock Museum will reschedule your ticket(s) for another show time or refund your purchase including any ticket fees.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for support.