H-E-B Free First Sunday:
Our Global Kitchen
April 3, 2016 12:00pm - 5:00pm
Around the world from farm to fork.
Enjoy FREE exhibition admission all day during H-E-B Free First Sundays, held the first Sunday of every month. Families can explore the Story of Texas through three floors of exhibitions that showcase artifacts from around the state. Special family programs from 12-3 p.m. combine art creation, exploration stations, and gallery activities.
At April's H-E-B Free First Sunday, explore Our Global Kitchen: Food, Nature, and Culture and discover how and why food has shaped cultures around the world and how getting that food from farm to table affects the planet.
- Visit the Whole Foods Market Tasting Kitchen and meet the team behind Bee Sweet Lemonade, a company founded by a bee-loving Austin kid.
- Listen to a fun and imaginative story about trying new foods.
- Sculpt foods from around the world with Smudge Studios.
- Make your own recipe card and decorate with handmade natural dye.
- Discover food producing native plants with staff from the Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center.
H-E-B Free First Sundays Presented by
Our Global Kitchen education programs and kitchen sponsored by Whole Foods Market.
This project was made possible in part by the Institute of Museum and Library Services [MA-10-15-0289-15].
Support for the Bullock Museum's exhibitions and education programs provided by the Texas State History Museum Foundation.