Santa Anna’s dueling pistols
French dueling pistols taken at San Jacinto
This pair of pistols originally belonged to Mexican General Antonio Lopez de Santa Anna. The single shot, .44 caliber percussion pistols were manufactured by Lissoude & Co., a French munitions maker.
Following the battle of San Jacinto, they were confiscated. Sam Houston, as general of the Texas Army, gave the pistols to Henry Millard who had led two companies of regular infantry and a battalion of volunteers during the fight.
Read more about the Battle of San Jacinto and related artifacts on the Bullock Museum's Medium channel.
Courtesy Daughters of the Republic of Texas, Republic of Texas Museum, Austin
Time Period: 1835 - 1844
This artifact is not on view.