Celebrating community, culture, and Texas history
Large-scale events highlight the best of Texas and its people.
Join us for programs, contests, and festivals that let you explore the diversity, uniqueness, and talent found in Texas. Check the calendar of events for programming information.
- H-E-B Free First Sundays: Enjoy free exhibition admission and special activities just for families on the first Sunday of every month.
- World Refugee Day: Commemorate the United Nations' World Refugee Day with a naturalization ceremony, free samples of world cuisine, live music, and family activities.
- American Indian Heritage Day: Celebrate the traditional and contemporary arts of Texas's American Indian groups through presentations, dancing and drumming performances.
- Spooktacular: Characters welcome for the annual family Halloween celebration,
- The Big Squeeze Accordion Contest: Watch the next generation of accordion players compete for three grand prizes in polka, Cajun, zydeco, and conjunto accordion traditions
- Austin Museum Day: Enjoy FREE exhibition admission all day during Austin Museum Day.
- Texas History Day: Watch the next generation of historians compete in the finals of a statewide history content featuring student-created exhibits, performances, documentaries, and more.
- Poetry Out Loud: Listen to the best student orators in Texas competing for the opportunity to take part in national poetry recitation finals.