World Refugee Day
June 20, 2015 11:00am - 3:00pm
Commemorate the United Nations' World Refugee Day at the Bullock Museum with a naturalization ceremony, free samples of world cuisine, live music and performances, and activities for families with kids ages 6 and up.
Join the Austin Refugee Roundtable and the Bullock Museum for a free celebration of World Refugee Day.
- At 12 p.m., watch a naturalization ceremony led by Federal Judge Robert Pitman in the Texas Spirit Theater. Space is limited!
- Beginning at 1 p.m., try free samples of world cuisine, courtesy of Rosemary's Catering, while supplies last.
- Enjoy the international music and performances from 1 p.m.-3p.m.
- Discover what the journey of a refugee is like, from home country to the United States, through a learning game sponsored by Caritas of Austin and Refugee Services of Texas.
- Refugee families can get a free family portrait taken by Barclay Wright Photography.
- Find out how furniture store IKEA and the Multicultural Refugee Coalition have partnered up to provide Austin-area refugees with sustainable employment.
- See a stunning visual display of traditional clothing from several countries represented in the Austin refugee community, sponsored by Center for Survivors of Torture and Interfaith Action of Central Texas.
- And more!
Banner image courtesy of Steve Moakley.