October 27, 2017 5:00pm - 8:00pm
Characters welcome for the Bullock Museum's annual Halloween celebration.
Calling all gamers to the annual family-friendly Halloween celebration. Morph into your favorite video game character and join the gaming fun with activities and demonstrations inspired by the exhibit Pong to Pokémon: The Evolution of Electronic Gaming. Plus, explore the Museum's exhibits after hours at this FREE event.
- Explore science and gaming with Girlstart. Launch paper witch brooms, use color-coded programming to guide OzobotTM through a haunted house maze, build a video game slingshot, engineer a robotic hand controller prototype, explore eerie sounds with a Makey Makey floor piano, and have fun with always popular Boo Bubbles!
- Create clay Minecraft characters with Smudge Studios. Space is limited.
- Enjoy screenings of vintage Halloween cartoons. Space is limited.
- Hit the dance floor and shake your bones to music the whole family will enjoy.
- Explore the museum exhibits, including Pong to Pokémon: The Evolution of Electronic Gaming and American Spirits: The Rise and Fall of Prohibition.
Spooktacular is presented in partnership with Girlstart, a nonprofit organization dedicated to increasing girls' interest and engagement in science, technology, engineering, and math through innovative, nationally-recognized informal STEM education programs.
Support for the Bullock Museum's exhibitions and education programs provided by the Texas State History Museum Foundation.