October 28, 2016 5:00pm - 8:00pm
Shake your bones at the Bullock Museum's annual Halloween celebration.
Skeletons of all shapes and sizes will find fun creating glow in the dark art, experimenting with bony science, and moving their bones to the spooky beats. Plus, explore the Museum's exhibitions after hours while sporting your latest Halloween costume creation. Admission is FREE.
- Explore bony science with Girlstart. Engineer the bones of a building, sort bones owls eat, explore bones and joints to make a simple prosthetic hand, and have fun with always popular Boo Bubbles!
- Create a glow-in-the-dark T-shirt with Smudge Studios and wear your skeleton inside out.
- Ghouls and goblins will explore the La Belle ship, thinking about what passengers on the ship might have thought, felt, and said during their journey and their time in Texas. Work with Austin Public Library's Badgerdog Creative Writing Program to turn these lines and ideas into a fun pirate-themed song.
- Enjoy free screenings of Toy Story of Terror.
- Hit the dance floor and shake your bones to music the whole family will enjoy.
Spooktacular is presented in partnership with Girlstart, a nonprofit organization dedicated to increasing girls' interest and engagement in science, technology, engineering, and math through innovative, nationally-recognized informal STEM education programs.
Support for the Bullock Museum's exhibitions and education programs provided by the Texas State History Museum Foundation.