Maker Faire Austin Pop-Up
December 28, 2017 - December 30, 2017 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Bring the whole family to meet fascinating, curious people who enjoy learning and who love sharing what they can do.
Create, invent, play, and explore with local makers and found objects at the Maker Faire Austin Pop-Up at the Bullock Texas State History Museum from December 28th to December 30th. The whole family will enjoy making and gaming inspired by the Bullock's exhibit Pong to Pokémon: The Evolution of Electronic Gaming.
- Daniel G. Benes Science Shows! Explore a Vintage Interactive Knife Switch Exhibit and one-of-a-kind Retro Robot Arm PONG Game featured at schools, libraries, and events all over the state of Texas, as well as some hands-on physics demos and some museum-quality scientific antiques.
- LEGO®-Inspired Engineering with Play-Well TEKnologies: Learn about Science, Technology, Engineering and Math by playing with LEGO! Our interactive builds teach kids STEM concepts through hands on experiences. Battle your LEGO creations on our Battle Track!
- Lego City: Discover a diverse Lego city, filled with many characters, from Iron Man all the way to Mario and Luigi. Try spotting them all!
- CLAW Amusement Technologies: Austin-based company that design and build electronic and mechanical arcade-style games and amusements.
- LED Matrix Game System: Play Mickey Delp's LED Matrix Gaming System is a giant, but low-res 60x32 LED screen powered by a Teensy microcontroller. Six different developers wrote six unique games specifically for this one-of-a-kind hardware - and you get to play them all!
Maker Faire Austin Pop-Up is presented in partnership with Maker Faire Austin.
The event is free with museum admission.
Want to be involved as a maker or volunteer? Find out more and apply here.
Presented in partnership with
Maker Faire Austin.