Member Exclusive: Member Open House
May 13, 2016 7:00pm - 9:00pm
The Bullock Museum is celebrating 15 years in the heart of Texas at the Member Open House on May 13. Come one, come all, bring a guest, and enjoy a night of fun and excitement, including the official book release and signing of How to Be a Texan by Andrea Valdez. We're rolling out the red carpet and opening the entire Museum exclusively for our members, lenders, and VIP guests.
RSVP at www.bullock15.splashthat.com or 512-936-4602.
At the Event
- Explore three floors of Texas history with over 700 artifacts on view and special guests and activities in the galleries
- Be part of the official book release for How to Be a Texan by Andrea Valdez and sample Andrea's salsa recipe in the Whole Foods Market Tasting Kitchen in the special exhibition Our Global Kitchen: Food, Nature, Culture
- See the special exhibition Journey Into Big Bend
- Learn how to two-step with live dance instruction, play a game of Texas 42, and learn hat-fitting skills from Texas Hatters
- Sample specialty cocktails and Texas treats while they last
- Enjoy plenty of photo opportunities, live music, and much more!
How to Be a Texan
Whether you're from Texas or got here as fast as you could, everyone could use a few more handy hints on How to Be a Texan. Andrea Valdez, a native Houstonian and longtime editor at Texas Monthly, tackled the task, writing a manual full of illustrated, easy-to-follow steps for dozens of authentic Texas activities and sayings. It's fixin' to be published, so buy a copy to learn how to be the best Texan you can be.
Support for the Bullock Museum's exhibition and education programs provided by the Texas State History Museum Foundation.
This event is in partnership with Texas Monthly.