FREE First Sunday: Texas Artists
August 2, 2015 12:00pm - 3:00pm
Explore art throughout Texas and find the medium that speaks to you! Through both special workshops and drop-in activities, discover what art means to Texans and create your own artworks to share.
Enjoy FREE exhibit admission all day during Free First Sundays, held the first Sunday of every month. Families can explore the Story of Texas through three floors of exhibits that showcase artifacts from around the state. Special family programs from 12-3pm combine art creation, presentations by partner organizations, and gallery activities.
- Visit The Show on the Road, a real mobile art gallery parked on the Lone Star Plaza and discover works by local artists.
- Learn about the life and legacy of sculptor Elisabet Ney with the Elisabet Ney Museum, and try your hand at sculpting with clay just like Ney herself.
- #WhatsYourTexasStory? Find out what 100 Days of Stories at the Bullock Museum is all about, and share your own.
- For Tiny Texans, Family Story Time at 2pm will be complete with an art project appropriate for ages 2 to 6.
- Contribute to our community quilt project, search for Texas art in our exhibition galleries, and more!