H-E-B Free First Sunday: Stars & Stripes
July 1, 2018 12:00pm - 5:00pm
Enjoy FREE exhibition admission all day during Free First Sundays, held the first Sunday of every month.
Kick off your 4th of July celebration at the Bullock! Bring the whole family and enjoy patriotic fun with art, music, and more.
Families can explore the Story of Texas through three floors of exhibitions that showcase artifacts from around the state. Special family programs from 12-3 p.m. combine art creation, exploration stations, and gallery activities.
- Make a patriotic hat and join us for our Independence Day parade led by bamf saxophone quartet.
- Taste a stars and stripes themed snack provided by Common Threads.
- Join the author and illustrator of W is for Weird: An Austin Alphabet for an alphabetical exploration of our weird and wonderful city — Austin, Texas.
- Color within the lines as you add to a collaborative mural designed by local artist, Rebecca Borrelli.
- Empower yourself with voting resources and activities from League of Women Voters.
H-E-B Free First Sundays Presented by
This project was made possible in part by the Institute of Museum and Library Services.
The Bullock Museum is owned and operated by the State of Texas through the State Preservation Board. Additional support of exhibitions and programs is provided by the Texas State History Museum Foundation.