H-E-B Free First Sunday: Rodeo
June 3, 2018 12:00pm - 5:00pm
Enjoy FREE exhibition admission all day during Free First Sundays, held the first Sunday of every month.
Do you have what it takes to be a rodeo star? From ropin' to ridin', buckin' to bustin' come on down to see just what it takes to compete in a rodeo. Design your best gear, learn tricks of the trade, and take part in some rodeo action. Giddy up!
- Create your own western style bandana to wear as you explore our Rodeo exhibit and activities.
- Practice roping with help from the National Multicultural Western Heritage Museum and Hall of Fame.
- Choose your western wear style and try on costumes to pose for your western photo portrait.
- Meet Miss Rodeo Texas Tianti Carter and see her championship roping skills at work.
- Listen to a story about real cowboys and decorate a cowboy boot to add to your western wear collection.
Families can explore the Story of Texas through three floors of exhibitions that showcase artifacts from around the state. Special family programs from 12-3 p.m. combine art creation, exploration stations, and gallery activities.
H-E-B Free First Sundays Presented by
This project was made possible in part by the Institute of Museum and Library Services.
Sponsored by the Albert and Ethel Herzstein Hall Fund.
Additional support provided by Dudley Bros. Ranch Family.
The Bullock Texas State History Museum is owned and operated by the State of Texas through the State Preservation Board. Additional support of exhibitions and programs is provided by the Texas State History Museum Foundation.