H-E-B Free First Sunday: MathHappens @ The Bullock
May 6, 2018 12:00pm - 5:00pm
Enjoy FREE exhibition admission all day during Free First Sundays, held the first Sunday of every month.
MathHappens @ The Bullock: Explore the connection between Texas history and math through hands-on activities, creative projects, storytime, and engaging demonstrations
Families can explore the Story of Texas through three floors of exhibitions that showcase artifacts from around the state. Special family programs from 12-3 p.m. combine art creation, exploration stations, and gallery activities.
- Before setting sail on La Belle, shop for finest navigation tools and supplies from the 17th century - touch, test, and explore models and real artifacts.
- How big is an acre? What’s a Vara? Learn all about historical survey tools.
- Imagine your ranch with cattle, a river, a farmhouse, and more, then place your property on the Museum's big map of Texas.
- Make your own theater and shadow puppets to bring your favorite stories to life.
- Digging a well, building a skyscraper, hanging a picture, or finding your way by the stars? You are going to need a plumbline! Make and decorate your own custom plumbline.
- Play games galore and more!
- Enjoy shadow puppet performances that bring best-loved stories, poems, and songs to life.
H-E-B Free First Sundays Presented by
This project was made possible in part by the Institute of Museum and Library Services.
The Bullock Museum is owned and operated by the State of Texas through the State Preservation Board. Additional support of exhibitions and programs is provided by the Texas State History Museum Foundation.