October 29, 2021 5:00pm - 8:00pm
Join the Bullock Museum in partnership with Girlstart for the annual FREE family-friendly Halloween celebration.
Put on your favorite costume and join the Bullock Museum and Girlstart for our annual Halloween celebration. Enjoy hands-on STEM fun for the whole family and explore the Museum's exhibitions after hours.
- Learn the secrets—and science—behind spooky dry ice bubbles.
- Discover blood components with slime that represents platelets, red cells, and plasma.
- Channel your inner physicist to master the art of candy water bottle flipping.
- Explore circuits and create an LED costume charm to light up the night.
- Create a spooky secret message as you explore acids and bases.
- Build a pocket-sized Pepper’s Ghost hologram as you observe properties of light.
- Program a Sphero robot to make a jack-o-lantern glide across the room.
- Explore all three floors of Museum exhibits.
Your Support Matters
Help us continue to share the story of Texas through free programs with a tax-deductible donation.
Enjoy discounts, exclusive programs, and free access to exhibitions year round by becoming a member of the Bullock Museum.
Family programs provide educational and engaging activities for young Texans and their caregivers. Events are designed to bring families together, spark conversations and provide opportunities for growth and development.
Spooktacular is presented in partnership with Girlstart, a nonprofit organization dedicated to increasing girls' interest and engagement in science, technology, engineering, and math through innovative, nationally recognized informal STEM education programs.
The Bullock Texas State History Museum is a division of the Texas State Preservation Board. Additional support for educational programming provided by the Texas State History Museum Foundation.