November 16, 2022 10:00am - 5:00pm
Enjoy a FREE day full of discovery and learning at the Bullock Museum reserved specifically for homeschool families.
Connect with Mexico's vibrant, multi-faceted culture at this special Homeschool Day! Explore art, food, history, and language activities as we celebrate our new special exhibition, Hilos de Tradicion: Dresses of Mexico. Museum admission is free for homeschool families and RSVPs are not required. Check-in at the table in the Grand Lobby upon arrival. Homeschool families will also be given discounted rates for films in the IMAX Theater and Texas Spirit Theater from 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.; film tickets may be purchased in advance online and at the Museum on Homeschool Day.
Attend scheduled activities and paid classes
- Participate in special paid Spanish classes with Mariposas Spanish School from 10:30 a.m.–12:15 p.m. Sing, dance, and craft as you learn the language and culture of traditional Mexican dress! See below for details and registration.
- Drop-in anytime between 10:00 a.m.–2:00 p.m. for activities, resources, and exhibitions
- Buy tickets to see IMAX documentaries The Arctic: Our Last Great Wilderness, Dinosaurs of Antarctica, and Wings Over Water
- Explore Museum exhibitions with educational activity guides
- Engage in conversation and interact with hands-on objects in Museum exhibitions
- Visit special exhibition Hilos de Tradición: Dresses of Mexico and discover beautiful traditional Mexican outfits
Fun and interactive classes taught by Mariposas Spanish School give your students the opportunity to move and create as they learn some Spanish words and phrases and appreciate Mexican culture.
By popular demand, reserve a seat in a class in advance for a small fee. Space is limited in each class and reservations are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Tickets are required only for students, not for accompanying adults. All classes are $10 per student. On the morning of Homeschool Day, online class registration will close. Class information and tickets below.
Spanish Class for Kindergarten–2nd Grade Students:
Spanish Class for 3rd–5th Grade Students:
Family programs provide educational and engaging activities for young Texans and their caregivers. Events are designed to bring families together, spark conversations and provide opportunities for growth and development.
The Bullock Museum, a division of the Texas State Preservation Board, is funded by Museum members, donors, and patrons, the Texas State History Museum Foundation, and the State of Texas.