H-E-B Free First Sunday
April 7, 2024 10:00am - 5:00pm
Kick off Earth Day celebrations with hands-on activities that highlight planet Earth.
Enjoy FREE exhibition admission all day during H-E-B Free First Sundays, held the first Sunday of every month. Activities are from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Families can explore the Story of Texas through three floors of exhibitions that showcase and tell the history of artifacts from around the state.
- 10:30 a.m. Discover the science of solar eclipses with NASA Ambassador, Sophie Gairo
- 11:30 a.m. & 12:30 p.m. Join Austin Public Library for a special Earth Day storytime and craft
- Learn how you can care for your water system with Austin Water
- Make an eclipse pinhole projector, and learn how you can safely view the April 8th solar eclipse
- Join our friends at Girlstart for interactive STEM demos and hands-on activities for kids of all ages
Family programs provide educational and engaging activities for young Texans and their caregivers. Events are designed to bring families together, spark conversations and provide opportunities for growth and development.
Your Support Matters
Help us continue to share the story of Texas through free programs with a tax-deductible donation.
Enjoy discounts, exclusive programs, and free access to exhibitions year-round by becoming a member of the Bullock Museum.
The Bullock Museum, a division of the Texas State Preservation Board, is funded by Museum members, donors, and patrons, the Texas State History Museum Foundation, and the State of Texas.
H-E-B Free First Sundays Presented by