H-E-B Free First Sunday
May 7, 2023 10:00am - 5:00pm
Celebrate Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month with storytelling, crafts, and hands-on activities for kids of all ages, and FREE exhibition Admission.
Enjoy FREE exhibition admission all day during H-E-B Free First Sundays, held the first Sunday of every month. Activities are from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Families can explore the Story of Texas through three floors of exhibitions that showcase artifacts from around the state.
Take a seat at Storytime by Austin Public Library’s Art Smart Program, Celebrating the Asian Dragon, at 11:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. Enjoy this special program featuring flannelgraphs, shadow puppets, songs, Kamishibai storytelling, and making a dragon kite.
- 11:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. Join Austin Public Library for Art Smart: Celebrating the Asian Dragon in the Museum Classrooms
- Color and learn about family trees with the Asian American Resource Center
- Create origami with the University of Texas Origami Circle
- Enjoy games and activities with the Austin Chinese American Network
- Make cards with the South Asian International Volunteer Association
Family programs provide educational and engaging activities for young Texans and their caregivers. Events are designed to bring families together, spark conversations and provide opportunities for growth and development.
Your Support Matters
Help us continue to share the story of Texas through free programs with a tax-deductible donation.
Enjoy discounts, exclusive programs, and free access to exhibitions year-round by becoming a member of the Bullock Museum.
The Bullock Museum, a division of the Texas State Preservation Board, is funded by Museum members, donors, and patrons, the Texas State History Museum Foundation, and the State of Texas.
H-E-B Free First Sundays Presented by