H-E-B Free First Sunday: Texans Who Serve
June 2, 2019 12:00pm - 5:00pm
Honor the brave Texans who serve and protect our country.
Enjoy FREE exhibition admission all day during Free First Sundays, held the first Sunday of every month. Families can explore the Story of Texas through three floors of exhibitions that showcase artifacts from around the state.
Join us from 12-3pm for these special activities:
- Discover how Texas and its citizens pitched in during WWII with the National Museum of the Pacific War.
- Celebrate National Donut Day early with donuts and a little history from The Salvation Army.
- Meet firefighters from Austin Fire Department and see a fire engine up close and personal.
- Translate secret messages using Bullock secret code.
- Write a card of thanks and encouragement to an American military member.
- Join us for Storytime and read about brightly colored Poppy flowers that were a symbolic connection to World War I.
Please note: The State of Texas is building a new fully pedestrianized green space between the Bullock Texas State History Museum and the Texas Capitol. The Museum and its parking garage remain open during construction. Surface parking lots and most parking meters will not be available for the duration of the construction project.
H-E-B Free First Sundays Presented by
This project was made possible in part by the Institute of Museum and Library Services.
The Bullock Museum is owned and operated by the State of Texas through the State Preservation Board. Additional support of exhibitions and programs is provided by the Texas State History Museum Foundation.