H-E-B Free First Sunday: Becoming Texas
January 6, 2019 12:00pm - 5:00pm
Take a journey through more than 16,000 years of Texas history in the newly re-opened 1st floor gallery. The whole family can explore the gallery and take part in activities that bring history to life.
Enjoy FREE exhibition admission all day during Free First Sundays, held the first Sunday of every month. Families can explore the Story of Texas through three floors of exhibitions that showcase artifacts from around the state.
At this month's program:
- Create a terrifically Texas quilt square showing what Texas means to you and contribute it to the collaborative quilt.
- Get creative and paint with natural pigments and materials.
- Explore a timber from a Spanish shipwreck and learn about its connection to Texas history with the Texas Historical Commission.
- Learn about the Lyndon B. Johnson State Park & Historic Site bison herd from Texas Parks and Wildlife Department.
- Join us for Storytime to enjoy a story and activity about bison.
Please note: The State of Texas is building a new fully pedestrianized green space between the Bullock Texas State History Museum and the Texas Capitol. The Museum and its parking garage remain open during construction. Surface parking lots and most parking meters will not be available for the duration of the construction project.
H-E-B Free First Sundays Presented by
This project was made possible in part by the Institute of Museum and Library Services.
The Bullock Museum is owned and operated by the State of Texas through the State Preservation Board. Additional support of exhibitions and programs is provided by the Texas State History Museum Foundation.