H-E-B Free First Sunday: Giving
December 2, 2018 12:00pm - 5:00pm
Celebrate the season by giving back to others! Create, sing, and enjoy activities that focus on the joy of giving and receiving.
Enjoy FREE exhibition admission all day during Free First Sundays, held the first Sunday of every month. Families can explore the Story of Texas through three floors of exhibitions that showcase artifacts from around the state. At December's H-E-B Free First Sunday:
- Bring a smile to someone else's face by making a handmade card.
- Sing songs, listen to stories, and create crafts celebrating generosity and giving at Storytime.
- Reflect on a time when you gave to someone else and how it made you feel with a creative writing activity from The Library Foundation's Badgerdog.
- Visit with ambassadors from the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Central Texas and learn how they give back to the community.
- Participate in an activity and learn all about local volunteer opportunities with GivePulse.
- Sing along with Groundwork Music Project then pick up a ukulele and get some basic lessons so you can join in the musical fun.
- Enjoy a healthy snack provided by Common Threads and learn how to easily prepare it.
Please note: The State of Texas is building a new fully pedestrianized green space between the Bullock Texas State History Museum and the Texas Capitol. The Museum and its parking garage remain open during construction. Surface parking lots and most parking meters will not be available for the duration of the construction project.
H-E-B Free First Sundays Presented by
This project was made possible in part by the Institute of Museum and Library Services.
The Bullock Museum is owned and operated by the State of Texas through the State Preservation Board. Additional support of exhibitions and programs is provided by the Texas State History Museum Foundation.