Educator Workshop: The Story of Texas in the Classroom
June 23, 2021 1:00pm - 2:30pm
Educators, join us for a FREE professional development session. Connect with us virtually to explore teaching tools to use with your students, both in the classroom and at the Museum.
Although summer has just begun, it's never too early to start gathering resources and ideas for the upcoming school year. Join a Bullock Museum Educator to discover ways to bring Texas history to life for your students!
This program is available as an on-demand recording for CPE credit. To get access to the link and a certificate email Education@thestoryoftexas.com.
- Discover the special experiences students can engage in during a field trip to the Bullock Museum
- Explore the on-demand teaching tools and interactive experiences available at your fingertips on our website which bring primary sources and artifacts to the classroom
- "Visit" inside the museum to see what stories and artifacts have been recently updated in our Texas History Galleries
- Preview the upcoming special exhibitions that will be on display for the next school year
- Get an exclusive first-look at a new on-demand resource, the Texas History Top Ten, a curated list of the top 10 artifacts, stories, primary sources, and other resources for the different events and time periods of the Texas History curriculum
This Zoom session is free to attend, with advanced registration required. Participants will receive access to the event, resources related to the topic, and CPE certificates (SBEC approved). This session is open to classroom teachers, preservice teachers, higher education professionals, informal educators, and homeschool educators.
Your Support Matters
Help us continue to share the story of Texas through free programs with a tax-deductible donation.
Enjoy discounts, exclusive programs, and free access to exhibitions year-round by becoming a member of the Bullock Museum.
This online program has automated closed captioning.
You will be prompted to download the Zoom application for mobile or desktop if it is not already installed. You do not need a Zoom account to join this livestream. You will be asked to register upon connecting to the webinar. Advanced registration is not required.
For security and privacy purposes, attendees will not have video or audio capabilities. Questions will be moderated by Museum staff. Participants will not be allowed to send private messages or media in the livestream.
School Programs are generously funded by Featured Sponsor The Marie M. and James H. Galloway Foundation
Supporting Sponsors EOG Resources, Inc. and The William Stamps Farish Fund, and Contributing Sponsors the Betty Stieren Kelso Foundation.
School Field Trips presented by The John M. O'Quinn Foundation.
The Bullock Texas State History Museum is a division of the State Preservation Board. Additional support of exhibitions and programs is provided by the Texas State History Museum Foundation.
Public Programs for CPE Credit
Silver Screen Social
Juneteenth: Faith and Freedom Screening