Austin Museum Day
September 17, 2017 12:00pm - 5:00pm
Game on Austin! Enjoy FREE exhibition admission all day during Austin Museum Day. Families can explore The Story of Texas through three floors of exhibitions that showcase artifacts from around the state.
Pong to Pokémon: Experience the past, present, and future of video games in the Bullock’s exhibit Pong to Pokémon: The Evolution of Electronic Gaming. Rare gaming artifacts, playable video games, and family-friendly activities from12-3pm are inspired by your favorite games.
- Create clay Pokemon figures and mini pixel paintings with Smudge Studios
- Compose video game soundscapes with Groundwork Music Project
- Make the perfect gaming snack with Common Threads
- Create video game characters using crafty hands and a little imagination
- Experiment with Makey Makey, a 21st Century invention kit that turns everyday objects into touchpads
- Build with jumbo blocks
- Snap selfies at our gaming photo booth
- Meet living history characters in the Texas History Galleries
Support for the Bullock Museum's exhibitions and education programs provided by the Texas State History Museum Foundation.