October 24, 2014 5:00pm - 8:00pm
5:00pm - 8:00pm
Discover the spooky side of Texas at this family-friendly Halloween extravaganza, featuring performances, games, interactive activities, art, and more for kids ages five and up. This year, on the eve of the opening special exhibit La Belle: The Ship That Changed History, it's a pirate's life for us — we're celebrating buccaneers and other characters from Texas. Come in costume for a special prize, and enjoy a fun-filled night at the museum with your family.
- Discover the world of some of nature's most feared creatures -- reptiles -- with shows from Austin Reptile Shows at 5:30pm and 7:15pm.
- Learn about the science of magic and optical illusions from Mad Science, plus enjoy a thrilling performance at 6:30pm by the mad scientists themselves.
- See the spooky side of science with interactive activities provided by Girlstart, a nonprofit dedicated to empowering girls in science, technology, engineering, and math.
- Explore three floors of Museum exhibits and uncover the mysteries of Texas, from shipwreck to a trail rides.
- Tiny Texans can enjoy Spooky Story Time scheduled throughout the evening.
- Plus, decorate your own treat bag to use throughout the evening, take a Halloween picture with your family in a photo booth, visit with roving magicians, and much more!