H-E-B Free First Sunday:
Texas Independence Day
March 6, 2016 12:00pm - 5:00pm
Celebrate Texas' storied past and exciting future through performances, hands-on activities, trivia, and more!
Enjoy FREE exhibit admission all day during H-E-B Free First Sundays, held the first Sunday of every month. Families can explore the Story of Texas through three floors of exhibits that showcase artifacts from around the state. Special family programs from 12-3pm combine art creation, presentations by partner organizations, and gallery activities.
At March's H-E-B Free First Sunday, encounter costumed interpreters, play historic games, or create your own Texas flag all while exploring what Texas was like as an independent nation.
- Learn moves fit for a Texan with instructors from Austin Social Dance.
- Listen to Texas tales and share what you love most about the Lone Star State.
- Join Smudge Studios and create your unique version of the Texas flag.
- Make and take a historic toy to continue the fun and games at home.
- Write to a friend and convince them to take a Texas-sized trip to visit our great state.
H-E-B Free First Sundays Presented by
This project was made possible in part by the Institute of Museum and Library Services [MA-10-15-0289-15].
Support for the Bullock Museum's exhibitions and education programs provided by the Texas State History Museum Foundation.