Experience the Bullock Museum—the biggest classroom in Texas.
The Story of Texas unfolds with original artifacts and hands-on activities designed for students of all grade levels.
Prepare for your visit to the Bullock Museum, or use these on-demand tools:
- History-Making Texans: Interact with Texans gathered around a campfire to share their stories. Students will discover how people shape Texas's past and future.
- Texas History Timeline: Let your students travel through the past in a sweeping journey through Texas history.
- Interactive Artifact Gallery: Examine curriculum-related Texas artifacts with an interactive gallery featuring hundreds of Museum objects.
- Digital La Belle Exhibition: The shipwreck La Belle is brought to vivid life for your classroom. Watch videos and reinforce learning with hands-on activities.
- Virtual Texas Capitol: A clickable Capitol feature allows students to explore the building as well as their roles in Texas government.
- The Texas Story Project: An authentic research and writing opportunity that encourages students to investigate and share their own Texas stories.
Prepare for Your Students' Visit
Bullock Museum Exhibitions and Films
Exhibitions and films extend classroom learning and reinforce the curriculum.
- Texas History Galleries - Three floors of original artifacts and hands-on interactives are presented chronologically:
- Special Exhibitions - These exhibitions offer a focused examination of history, culture, and science. You can use lesson plans and activities in conjunction with a Museum visit to extend classroom learning. After the exhibitions have closed, use the content materials as supplementary activities to classroom curriculum. Special Exhibitions rotate frequently, so be sure to check the dates when planning your visit.
- Films - Both the Texas Spirit Theater, a 4D experience, and the IMAX® Theatre offer a memorable and fun way to understand history, science, and culture.